Monday, February 7, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - 2/6/11

And it's that time again for the menu of the week!
I had to make a couple of adjustments to my menu plan for this week. I switched some recipes that I had scheduled for later in the month in order to use up some produce that I had on hand (namely, potatoes!)

I did a pretty good job of staying on track last week - I only missed one day due to being sick - but we had plenty of leftovers to get through it!

So here's what this week's menu looks like:

Sunday: Scalloped Potatoes w/ Ham

Monday: Baked Ziti

Tuesday: Orange Chicken - I have some Iron Chef marinades in my pantry I'm trying to use up, so this isn't exactly "real" food, but at least the marinade doesn't have MSG or HFCS in it!

Wednesday: Chicken Pot Pie (I've made some adjustments to this recipe, but this is the base recipe I use!) We used this recipe for our Thanksgiving leftovers, and it was a HUGE hit.

Thursday: Taco Salad (an adaptation from a menu plan from Cooking During Stolen Moments)

Friday: Pepperoni French Bread Pizza

Saturday: Fettucini Alfredo - I use a recipe from an old weight watchers cookboook (which is surprisingly good). We are going to a dinner at our church, so this will be our contribution.

I've got a chicken from my farmer defrsoting for the orange chicken. I'll take out the breasts and maybe the thighs, and throw the rest in the crock pot. Once cooked, I'll take whatever meat that is left and use it in the chicken pot pie on Wednesday. I've got some turkey bones from school in the freezer, so I'll add those to the chicken bones and replentish my stock supply, which I'll use for soup or rice one of these weeks.

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday at Org Junkie.
~~** D **~~

No comments:

Post a Comment